New Armory: All Cannon balls and power ups are discounted. The addition of 4 new and unique looking weapons will require some strategy if you want to rule Black Powder Cove! All weapons have been retuned with varying ranges and damages. Be sure to visit the revised store to stock up on ammo and new power-ups, such as teleportation and mines!
Improved User Interface and expanded game play Experience: Select cannons, ammo and power-ups by using the new quick select menu. Ship damage indicators so you can see where the enemy fire is coming from. Repair your ship to keep it afloat. Communicate with everyone on your ship through Voice Chat.
Clothing Store: Check out the clothing items Male and Female pirates are wearing. Some of them even give you special power ups when you wear them while playing!
Still Free To Play: You can still play for free and collect coins to power up you ship, or purchase any upgrades through the store.
Full List of Game Update:
- Improved presentation for Armory Store so it’s very clear to understand that this is where you buy coins and power-ups.
- New icons for all the ammo types
- Removed PS Store mini-game
- All PS Store purchases (COINS) will take place in the Armory and on the ship
- Added a separate clothing store.
- Will feature all Cutthroats clothing
- New Quick Select menus for Weapons and Ship Powers
- Hold L2/L1 to pull up the wheel, use analog stick to highlight then press “X” to select
- Moved all communications/information to d-pad. (Up – Store, Down – Quick Chat, Left – Leaderboard, Right - Instructions)
- Unified visuals/navigation by using the same selection wheel for gunners and captains.
- All players (gunners/captains) can use Ship Powers now (Except for the 2 new Captain powers)
- New Cannon Quick Select menu
- Hold Circle and navigate to any open cannon, use Left analog stick to highlight then release Circle
- Boats respawn randomly around the cove
- Mutiny Update - Press Triangle to Mutiny the Captain as the Gunner(Limit 3 per player)
- Variable Damage – Some weapons deal different damage based on distance
- Two new Skull Caves added!
- 5 minute idle kick – Players Will get kicked off the ship when not moving for 5 minutes
- In-Game PSN Store fixed
- Damage Balancing for all ammo types
- New cannon types.
- Rum Ball
- Lightning Ball
- Chicken Ball
- Mine Ball
- New Power ups for Captain
- Captain Mine
- New Sounds
- Victory and Losing sound for ship
- Lightning striking down from the sky
- Fire sound
- Dropped Coin chest in the cove
- No 'stacking' the same Ship Powers on a single player.
- Ex. Player 1 cannot have two speed boosts activated
- SHIPS CAN NOW REPAIR MULTIPLE TIMES
- Voice chat – Players can chat on a headset by holding down R2 (Players can only talk within the ship)
- Dropped Power up chest in the cove
IMPROVED USER INTERFACE / GRAPHICS
- Enemy Ship Health Feedback - now appears when damage or repairs occur
- Revised Power-Up icons
- Mutiny Call & Vote Splash Screens
- Coin bar in-game – Coin bar will appear on the screen when collecting coin chest in the cove
- Improved in-game messaging
- Tap X to reload message
- Tap X to repair message
- Tap Square to repair ship
- Speed boost water particle effect
- New cannon models for cannon ammo.
- Fire Ball
- Barnacle Ball
- Whistler Ball
- Scatter shot Ball
- New boat sinking explosion
- New ‘invulnerable’ graphic appears on boats
NEW MESSAGE SYSTEM
- Launch Splash Screen Update – upon launch, users always see a Message Board
- Message Board is baked in to avoid latency issues
- Board advises users visit all 5 mini-games to collect daily coin bonus and get new info
- Each Mini-Game has an XML screen that explains important info about the game
Cannon Ball Damages
- Normal Cannon – Does more damage close up, less damage the further you are (This is the cannonball that comes standard in every cannon)
- Barnacle Cannon – Does more damage close up, less damage the further you are (Slows boats down for 15 seconds)
- Fire Cannon – Does Less damage close up, More damage the further you are (Causes Fire damage with an increase to burn damage, 30 Damage over 15 sec)
- Rum Cannon – Does Less damage close up, More damage the further you are (Causes captain and crew’s controller settings to become inverted for 5 seconds)
- Scatter Shot Cannon – Does more damage close up, less damage the further you are (Causes massive damage close range)
- Whistler Cannon – Does Less damage close up, More damage the further you are (Aerodynamically crafted to snipe other boats at long distances)
- Lightning Cannon – Does Less damage close up, More damage the further you are (Slows the gunners aiming and wick time for 5 seconds)
- Chicken Cannon – Does more damage close up, less damage the further you are (Chickens Damage the boat, 150 damage over 15 sec)
- Mine Cannon – Does more damage close up, less damage the further you are (Floats in water and damages boats that trigger it)
- Fire Ball Jacket - Unlimited Fire Balls
- Mine Jacket - Unlimited Mine Balls
- Scatter Jacket - Unlimited Scatter Balls
- Whistler Jacket - Unlimited Whistler Balls
- No mutiny Hat - No one can mutiny the captain
- Boat turning Hat – Boat turns faster
- Speed Hat - Faster boat