[PSHome Team] is happy to announce that on Wednesday September 12th 2012, the PlayStation Home client will be upgraded to v1.70. Listed below are the patch notes.
New FeaturesCameraThe camera has been added as an Action to the Emotes menu. This means you can now take pictures in Home while you are using a companion or other portable item.
- Select the Emote menu by pressing R1.
- Select the Camera option.
- The camera is activated and works in the same way as the portable version.
- The camera can be put away by pressing [Circle].
- Item thumbnails and object details are now displayed on the same screen.
- A Buy Now function has been added. Simply highlight the thumbnail of an item and press [SQUARE]. You will then be taken directly to the checkout screen where you can confirm if you wish to make the purchase.
- Items can quickly be added to the basket by highlighting the thumbnail and pressing the [TRIANGLE] button.
- Pressing [R1] has also been added as a shortcut to view the basket.
- These items allow for an animating object to be used or worn by your avatar.
- These item types can also increase the movement speed of your avatar by 50% when applicable.
- If you ignore or block a player you will no longer see any emotes they perform.
- The ignored or blocked avatar is kept a bit further away from your avatar.
- The ignored or blocked avatar will be faced away from you when they are close.
- “Ignored” or “Blocked” will be displayed under the name label of a player that you have ignored or blocked.
- A Sound Effect now plays when you receive a new Personal Message (PM).
- A number of general stability improvements have been made.