Home 1.70 Update
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the 1.70 patch please wait for the orange “hard drive activity” light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.
The camera has been added as an Action to the Emotes menu. This means you can now take pictures in Home while you are using a companion or other portable item.
- Select the Emote menu by pressing R1.
- Select the Camera option.
- The camera is activated and works in the same way as the portable version.
- The camera can be put away by pressing [Circle].
Changes to Commerce
We have made changes to the commerce process to speed it up and make it easier to browse and shop.
- Item thumbnails and object details are now displayed on the same screen.
- A Buy Now function has been added. Simply highlight the thumbnail of an item and press [SQUARE]. You will then be taken directly to the checkout screen where you can confirm if you wish to make the purchase.
- Items can quickly be added to the basket by highlighting the thumbnail and pressing the [TRIANGLE] button.
- Pressing [R1] has also been added as a shortcut to view the basket.
New functionality has been added that allows developers to create a new type of animating portable item.
- These items allow for an animating object to be used or worn by your avatar.
- These item types can also increase the movement speed of your avatar by 50% when applicable.
We have added some small features to the Ignore or Block function.
- If you ignore or block a player you will no longer see any emotes they perform.
- The ignored or blocked avatar is kept a bit further away from your avatar. (Yay! Personal space!)
- The ignored or blocked avatar will be faced away from you when they are close.
- “Ignored” or “Blocked” will be displayed under the name label of a player that you have ignored or blocked.
- A Sound Effect now plays when you receive a new Personal Message (PM).
- A number of general stability improvements have been made.
As if that wasn’t enough, here’s the list of what’s new and happening in PlayStation Home.
1. nDreams – Street Moves, volume 4, and more!
2. Granzella – Grand Edo of Nippon Update
3. VIP Nightclub x7 Update
4. Lockwood – September Footwear Collection
5. Midway – Ca$h Carnival Update
Every weekly entry counts toward the Grand Prize drawing for $15,000! Real prizes! Real money! Real fun! For official rules, click here.